This course will help you:
* Understand why you’re so anxious and bring your beliefs about screens and gaming into awareness.
* Transform your role as the “screen police”. Learn why parent-imposed limits, rules and nagging can do more harm than good.
* Trust your inner wisdom and follow a path that suits your child and your family. There’s not one “right” way to do this.
* Dissolve the struggle with your child by investigating your own beliefs. Learn how to question your thinking and reframe your problems.
* Learn a system for cooperative problem solving with your family.
* This course will help you feel supported and reassured that your child is OK and that you can find solutions to problems together.
* You can ask questions of an experienced “gamer mum” who has been through all the same anxieties and challenges.
* This course provides a clear and achievable path to a relaxed, joyful family life even with the most passionate gamers and screen users.
Course will be recorded for those who can’t make the live classes.
Here’s what’s covered in this 3 week course
Week 1: What is it about screens and gaming that we fear?
* My journey with gaming.
* Meeting our fears with understanding.
* Identifying the impact of our fears.
Week 2: Observing more closely and getting involved.
* How to question your thinking.
* Learn the process of self-inquiry called The Work (Byron Katie) and find your deepest truth.
* Observing your child’s learning and play.
* The benefits of screens and gaming.
Week 3: How to reduce anxiety and work through conflicts.
* How to deal with problems around screens and gaming peacefully.
* Learn the skill of Creative Problem Solving.
* Recording learning and meeting legal requirements in Australia.
Freya Dawson, PhD, is a mother of two boys, parenting and unschooling coach, spiritual mentor and writer. She is the author of the book “Joyful Parenting: The Five Skills to take your family from Conflict to Connection.”
FLEXIBLE ONLINE COURSE .
1. Video lessons for 3 weeks (4.5 hours total).
2. Links to articles, FB group and worksheets.
3. Practical exercises to raise your awareness, change your thinking and your reactions.
4. Resources for further reading.
6. Lifetime access. Do the course at your own pace. This course does not have an expiry date.