This course will help you:
* Understand why you’re so anxious and bring your beliefs about screens and gaming into awareness.
* Transform your role as the “screen police”. Learn why parent-imposed limits, rules and nagging can do more harm than good.
* Trust your inner wisdom and follow a path that suits your child and your family. There’s not one “right” way to do this.
* Dissolve the struggle with your child by investigating your own beliefs. Learn how to question your thinking and reframe your problems.
* Learn a system for cooperative problem solving with your family.
* This course will help you feel supported and reassured that your child is OK and that you can find solutions to problems together.
* You can ask questions of an experienced “gamer mum” who has been through all the same anxieties and challenges.
* This course provides a clear and achievable path to a relaxed, joyful family life even with the most passionate gamers and screen users.
Course will be recorded for those who can’t make the live classes.
Here’s what’s covered in this 3 week course
Week 1: What is it about screens and gaming that we fear?
* My journey with gaming.
* Meeting our fears with understanding.
* Identifying the impact of our fears.
Week 2: Observing more closely and getting involved.
* Observing your child’s learning and play.
* The benefits of screens and gaming.
* Recording learning and meeting legal requirements in Australia.
Week 3: How to reduce anxiety and work through conflicts.
* How to question your thinking.
* Learn the process of self-inquiry called The Work (Byron Katie) and find your deepest truth
* Learn the skill of Creative Problem Solving.
Freya Dawson, PhD, is a mother of two boys, parenting and unschooling coach, spiritual mentor and writer. She is the author of the book “Joyful Parenting: The Five Skills to take your family from Conflict to Connection.”
LIVE ONLINE COURSE VIA ZOOM
90 minutes per week for 3 weeks online group classes. All you need is a computer or phone.
Don’t worry if you can’t make the live class. The whole course will be recorded for you to watch whenever you like. Lifetime access. You’ll also still be able to ask me questions and get answers directly from me.
LIVE Online Course Course starts 14 October 2020.
WEEK 1: Wednesday 14 Oct. 7.30pm – 9pm (AEST – Sydney time)
WEEK 2: Wednesday 21 Oct. 7.30pm – 9pm
WEEK 3: Wednesday 28 Oct 7.30pm – 9pm
LIVE ONLINE COURSE INCLUDES:
1. Relaxed small group Zoom classes run by Freya Dawson. Ask as many questions as you like and get help with your specific challenges.
2. Practical exercises to help raise your awareness and change your habits.
3. Private FB group for Course Participants and graduates only. Moderated by Freya personally.
4. Articles and links for further reading.
5. Each session will be recorded and available for you to listen to at your convenience. So you don’t have to worry if you miss a session.
5. Lifetime access to recorded sessions.