This course will immediately help you:
* Connect with inner calm and wisdom, even in the most challenging moments.
* Transform the way that you communicate with your child. No need for threats and yelling.
* Ask for what you want in a direct and honest way. No need for nagging or manipulation.
* Dissolve the struggle with your child by addressing the root cause. Learn how to shift your perspective and find creative solutions.
* Support your child when they are angry, anxious, frustrated or prone to meltdowns.
Based on the Joyful Parenting book, this workshop‑style course brings together the wisdom of spiritual and parenting leaders such as Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now), Byron Katie (The Work), Dr. Thomas Gordon (Parent Effectiveness Training), Marshall Rosenburg (Nonviolent Communication) and Lawrence Cohen (Playful Parenting).
Instead of reading countless parenting books and relying on trial and error you can learn directly from someone who has mastered the art of conscious, peaceful parenting.
In the safe and confidential space offered by this course you will be supported to find your own solutions to family problems.
This course provides a clear and achievable path to punishment-free parenting even with the most spirited and challenging children.
Here's what's covered in this 6 week course
Module 1: The power of presence
* Connect with your inner calm
* Learn to notice your old habits of thinking and speaking
* Experience yourself as Aware Presence
Module 2: How to help with your child's problems
* Notice how your reactions get in the way of helping your child
* Understand how to Listen in Presence
* Get practical tips on what you can say to your angry, anxious or demanding child
Module 3: How to dissolve your stress and worry
* Find new perspectives on issues that you feel stuck on
* Get help to identify the beliefs that are causing your stress
* Learn how to use the process of self-inquiry designed by Byron Katie
Module 4: How to ask for help with your own problems
* Discover new, peaceful ways to get more co-operation from your child
* Learn how to make assertive requests rather than demands
* Find ways to take care of yourself so you aren't in constant overwhelm
Module 5: What to do when you are stuck in conflict with your child
* Master the skill of Creative Problem Solving
* Learn how to guide a process that empowers your whole family to find solutions
* Explore practical solutions to chronic problems. We'll talk about screen time, tantrums, cleanliness, anxieties, violence, homework or whatever it is you are struggling with
Module 6: How to let your children lead you towards fun and connection
* Learn how play can help children resolve their own problems
* Understand your beliefs about different forms of play
* Discover ways to use play to build trust and connection with your child
Freya Dawson, PhD, is a mother of two boys, parenting coach, spiritual mentor and writer. She is the author of the book "Joyful Parenting: The Five Skills to take your family from Conflict to Connection."
Live Online Course via Zoom.
90 minutes per week for 6 weeks online small group classes (Max 12 people). All you need is a computer or phone.
Course starts Tuesday 12 March 2019, 8pm - 9.30pm AEST.
1. Relaxed small group classes run by Freya Dawson. Ask as many questions as you like and get help with your specific challenges.
2. Practical exercises to help raise your awareness and change your habits.
3. Private FB group for Course Participants and graduates only. Moderated by Freya personally.
4. Free print copy of "Joyful Parenting" book (or a copy to give to a friend if you already have one).
5. Each session will be recorded and available for you to listen to at your convenience. So you don't have to worry if you miss a session.
Discount for couples ($495) and single parents ($245). Payment in installments available.
If you have any questions about the Course please get in touch.
The course reminded me the joyfulness and love within me and the tools helped me to tap into that. Freya’s Skills for joyful parenting encouraged me to leave my pre-conditioned thinking at the door and open my heart to joyful parenting….who knew! Her ideas were revolutionary to me, every parent should read this transformative book.
My children love the game “Kissy Cow” that was born from the time spent playing “their” games for 30min every night (Skill 5:Playtime). When asked by the teacher at school “How does Mummy make you laugh?” They replied “Playing Kissy Cow”
Really enjoyed the topic “Question your thinking” and the turn around, most of “”my” issues melted away when I started using this tool regularly. — Trish
The information and processes are really so very helpful and I can honestly say they have really changed and shifted lots of stuff for us! I often call in Freya’s energy in our family dealings and it has been a great help. — Laury
Freya taught me a simple way to not make my family responsible for my sadness or happiness. I have a better understanding of my roles for me and for my family and the teenage years have rolled on much happier! Valuable skills for not just the Mother/Child relationship, but for all relationships, including the one with my Husband! — Julia