Even if you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed right now this course will immediately help you:
* Connect with your inner calm and wisdom, even in the most challenging moments
* Transform the way that you communicate with your child to a more heart-centred approach
* Find peaceful ways to get what you want
* Dissolve old habits and beliefs that bring stress into your relationship
* Support your child to solve their own problems
Based on the Joyful Parenting book, this workshop‑style course will provide you with an in‑depth look at the Five Skills that will help you solve any family problem and build a trusting and intimate relationship with your child. It is an opportunity to find the peaceful, creative solutions that you have been looking for.
In the safe and confidential space offered by this course we can listen to each other, laugh together and discover how much we all have in common.
This course provides a clear and achievable path to punishment-free, heart-centred parenting.
Each week for 6 weeks you'll join a live 90 minute video seminar on the Zoom platform (similar to Skype). I'll cover the course content for that week and there will be ample time for Q&A and group discussion.
Here's what's covered in this live online course
Module 1: The power of presence
* Connect with your inner calm
* Learn to focus your attention on Being rather than doing
* Experience yourself as joyful conscious energy
Module 2: How to help with your child's problems
* Notice how your reactions get in the way
* Understand how to Listen in Presence
* Get practical tips on what you can say to support your child
Module 3: How to dissolve your stress and worry
* Find new perspectives on issues that you feel stuck on
* Get help to identify the beliefs that are causing your stress
* Learn how to use the process of self-inquiry designed by Byron Katie
Module 4: How to ask for help with your own problems
* Discover new, peaceful ways to get more co-operation and respect from your child
* Learn how to speak from the heart rather than the head
* Find the power of assertive requests rather than demands
Module 5: What to do when you are stuck in conflict with your child
* Master the skill of Creative Problem Solving
* Learn how to guide a process that empowers your whole family
* Find new solutions to chronic problems
Module 6: How to let your children lead you towards fun and connection
* Learn how play can help children resolve their own problems
* Understand your beliefs about different forms of play
* Discover new ways to use play to build trust and connection with your child
Freya Dawson, PhD, is a writer, mother and spiritual explorer. Her work is focused on supporting parents in connecting with their own inner calm and wisdom and enjoying harmonious and empowering relationships with their children. She is the author of the book "Joyful Parenting: The Five Skills to take your family from Conflict to Connection."
The Joyful Parenting Online Course starts on on WEDNESDAY 7 FEB 2018 at 8pm, SYDNEY time .
Each seminar will run for 90 minutes. There are 6 seminars in the course. If you miss a week you will be able to access a recording of that seminar. Support will be available between classes via Messenger or email.
Cost $139 AU
A concession price of $95 AU is available for those on low incomes or single parents. Email me if you would like pay in installments or make some other arrangement.
This course is strictly limited to 10 participants. Book early to avoid disappointment.
EARLYBIRD OFFER: Book before 1 FEB 2018 to receive a FREE print copy of my book "Joyful Parenting" valued at $24.95 AU
The course reminded me the joyfulness and love within me and the tools helped me to tap into that. Freya’s Skills for joyful parenting encouraged me to leave my pre-conditioned thinking at the door and open my heart to joyful parenting….who knew! Her ideas were revolutionary to me, every parent should read this transformative book.
My children love the game “Kissy Cow” that was born from the time spent playing “their” games for 30min every night (Skill 5:Playtime). When asked by the teacher at school “How does Mummy make you laugh?” They replied “Playing Kissy Cow”
Really enjoyed the topic “Question your thinking” and the turn around, most of “”my” issues melted away when I started using this tool regularly. — Trish
The information and processes are really so very helpful and I can honestly say they have really changed and shifted lots of stuff for us! I often call in Freya’s energy in our family dealings and it has been a great help. — Laury
Freya taught me a simple way to not make my family responsible for my sadness or happiness. I have a better understanding of my roles for me and for my family and the teenage years have rolled on much happier! Valuable skills for not just the Mother/Child relationship, but for all relationships, including the one with my Husband! — Julia